Indiana Association of Home EducatorsMedia & Press
The voice of homeschooling in Indiana since 1983.
Protecting Homeschool Freedom
The Zan Tyler Podcast
January 12, 2023
You Aren’t Homeschooling Alone
with Tara Bentley
The Smiling Homeschooler
October 4, 2022
Hoosier Mama! A Conversation with Tara Bentley
The Homeschool Loftcast
Tina Hollenbeck & Jenny Tetzner
February 25, 2022
Homeschooling was growing between 2-8% per year before the coronavirus pandemic and was the fastest-growing form of education in the U.S. (public school growth has been 1% over the last 10 years. Ed. Data.org. NHERI.
A recent national survey from Gallup found that the number of families reporting their child would be homeschooled doubled from 5% in 2019 to 10% in 2020. Gallup.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, homeschooling more than doubled nationwide from 5.4% in the spring of 2020 to 11.1% in October of 2020. In Texas, it nearly tripled from 4.5% to 12.3%. U.S. Census Bureau.
Growth in Homeschooling
Tara Bentley first entered the homeschooling world in 2001 when she and her husband Mark decided to pull their oldest daughter from the public school system. Both of their daughters have since graduated high school. Together they serve on the board of directors for the National Alliance of Christian Home Education Leadership and the Indiana Association of Home Educators (IAHE), where Tara also serves as the Executive Director.
- Indiana Association of Home Educators (IAHE) Convention & Leaders’ Forum
- Arizona Families for Home Education (AFHE) Arizona Home Education Convention (2017) & Leadership Conference (2020)
- Michigan Christian Homeschool Network (MICHN) Homeschool Conference (2017) & Leaders’ Retreat (2016)
- Home Educators Association of Virginia (HEAV) LeaderLife (2018)
- Fearless with Mark & Amber: Part One & Part Two
- Schoolhouse Rocked: National School Choice Week – Choose Homeschooling!
- Homeschool Freedom Responds to Harvard Kennedy School’s Post-Pandemic Future of Homeschooling Webinar Series
- Indiana could bring more scrutiny to schools where many teens leave to home-school (Chalkbeat Indiana)
- School dropouts (WFYI)
- Response to the Harvard Summit 2021 (Homeschool Freedom)
- State numbers show number of kids withdrawing to homeschooling nearly doubled last school year
- Closer Look (KLove Radio)