“A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-Yo Silver! The Lone Ranger! … With his faithful Indian companion Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early western United States! Nowhere in the pages of history can one find a greater champion of justice! Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear! From out of the past come the thundering hoof beats of the great horse Silver! The Lone Ranger rides again!”
Thus opens one of the most popular Old Time Radio Shows “The Lone Ranger!”
The series began in 1933, and continued through the 1950’s with a wildly popular TV show of the same name. Here is the Moral Code upheld by the Masked Man:
- that to have a friend, a man must be one.
- that all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.
- that God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.
- in being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.
- that a man should make the most of what equipment he has.
- that ‘This government, of the people, by the people and for the people’ shall live always.
- that men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.
- that sooner or later … somewhere … somehow … we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.
- that all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.
- in my Creator, my country, my fellow man.”
Audiences thrilled to the action and adventure, the daring and danger, of this singular hero of the air. With his trusty Indian friend Tonto, The Lone Ranger defended the innocent and captured the guilty for decades, starting with this fantastic radio program.
Run Time: 15 hrs
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS: Your download link will be e-mailed to the email address you supplied when payment clears. Episodes may be played on portable devices (phones/tablets) but must first be downloaded onto a computer, and then synced with your mobile device. (Portable devices are unable to extract zipped files). Please check your Spam folder if the e-mail doesn’t appear shortly after ordering.