2019 IAHE Action’s Legislative Panel
- Many homeschoolers are unaware that at every session of the Indiana Statehouse, attempts are made to limit our freedom to home educate our children. Legislation is introduced to lower the compulsory school age and other ways that may impact home education freedom. Our liberty is attacked as attempts are made to erode our parental rights. Come and hear the discussion and have your questions answered by a panel of home educators who diligently serve as Senators, Representatives, and advocates to protect homeschooling freedoms at the Indiana Statehouse.
The History of the Homeschooling Movement with Israel Wayne
- Over the past 6,000 years, homeschooling has been the primary form of education for nearly every culture worldwide. Compulsory government schooling has only been around in America since about 1840, but it is so pervasive that for most parents, public schooling is all they have ever experienced. The modern-day homeschooling movement has taken America by storm, with nearly 2 million students being home educated nationwide. Learn about the origins of the rebirth of home-based learning, and discover God’s purposes and plans for the future of the homeschooling movement.
Teaching Civics in a Fun & Purposeful Way with Rick Green
- Government, history, economics…these topics usually put students AND parents to sleep, yet they are some of the most important things we’ll teach if we expect the next generation to be good citizens and preserve the republic. In this presentation, Rick shares tips and methods for bringing history and civics to life, keeping it fun, engaging the students, seeking truth, and making the lessons count for generations to come.
Restoring America’s Constitution with Rick Green
- A 50-minute crash course in the Constitution, including an explanation of the Constitution versus the COURTstitution and how we can restore our Constitutional Republic.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington: A Guide to Effective Lobbying for the Homeschool Family with Will Estrada
- You may live 3,000 miles from Washington, D.C., but you can still make a difference. Find out how as Will presents a compelling case for why and how every single homeschool family can be an effective lobbyist on the issues that are important to homeschooling families. Drawing on Will’s own experience as a federally registered lobbyist for HSLDA and ParentalRights.org, this workshop will offer informative, practical advice for effective lobbying and will answer every homeschooler’s specific questions. Whether you are an experienced political junkie or a busy homeschool mom who’s never tackled politics before, discover how to make a difference in the political world.