Teaching children at home is now a popular choice for parents seeking to provide the best possible education for their children. At home, children can have a safe environment in which to learn – free from drugs, violence, and negative pressures that would seek to undermine strong family values. Parents who know their children well are better able to provide individualized curriculum, strong in the basic academic subjects, designed to fit each child’s needs, abilities, and interests. In the home, students are at liberty to progress at their own speed, not in accordance with what a classroom full of children are doing. Home-educated children are privileged to have the opportunity to receive a quality education that will enable them to develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
- What do I believe about my relationship with God?
- Who is responsible for the training (education) of my children?
- What is my definition of successful education?
- What are my academic goals, and how do I want to achieve them?
- What values do I believe need to be imparted to my children?