The first place the IAHE recommends for Indiana families with Struggling Learners is a visit to JoyQuest, the ministry of Ron and Vicky Broadfield.
JoyQuest offers faith-based support to families with special needs children and struggling learners with a focus on the educational challenges.
Parents have a God-given responsibility to train and instruct their children. While parenting itself has challenges, training children with learning disabilities or special needs may create unique struggles. JoyQuest desires to come along side and offer our support. Understanding that academic resources alone do not meet the needs of the whole child, JoyQuest offers a variety of support and educational opportunities to families through:
- Conferences and workshops
- Regular articles and publications
- Development and organization of resources, information, and websites
- Networking families with special needs families or support groups
- Community education of the needs of families with special learners
The IAHE Special Learners page has other links for help for Special Needs families.